Archive for September, 2011

IPv6/4 Dual Stack With Billion 7404VGOX

Friday, September 30th, 2011

I’ve just enabled IPv6 on my ADSL router (Billion 7404VGOX) So I just need to find out if the IPv6 assigned to me is dynamic or static because if it’s static I can then enable routing for my T2TAS APRS server.

I’ve only been trying to get this working for around 3 months! Amazing what you can achieve in the early hours of the morning!

Now to hunt for IPv6 only sites! 😉

WordPress version rollback

Thursday, September 29th, 2011

When I completed the server rebuild I decided at the same time to rollback from using the WordPress nightly svn build to the current stable release (3.2)

From what I can gather, there’s been a sql table rewire but it doesn’t seem to be affecting any of the content (must have only been a small tweak)  there was tables in the sql database that were from old plugin/add-ons that I’ve stopped using so I’ve dropped those and queries have sped up a little as a result.

I’ve recently added the WordPress SEO plugin to replace the outdated Google SEO plugin I’ve been using since day 1 of this blog. So as this has more functionality built in I’m hoping that once I get my head around some of the lingo it should pretty much be a set & forget plugin (I hope!)

So only time will tell if I’ve done things right 😉

Posted from WordPress for Android

Server Rebuild Complete

Sunday, September 18th, 2011

The previous post that I mentioned that I was about to rebuild this server was not backed up so its lost in the either! However I’ve removed Ubuntu Server Edition and now the server is using Debian (stable)

During this process I’ve opted not to restore some of the items that I was using previously (mailman, Hylafax, apt-cacher-ng & torrentflux to name a few)

I’ve already noticed a huge improvement (less CPU load) by keeping the server as minimalistic as possible!  😉


Posted from WordPress for Android