I've just noticed that most of the images that should be visible within posts appear as broken links! All the images are on the server, there seems to be something wrong within WordPress, or mySQL.
At first I thought no problem, that's an easy fix… No its not! as this will require me to edit every post and relink the files. Now having just on two and s half years of blog posts, that would be rather time consuming!
So for the moment, broken image links it is until I either find a semi/fully automated way of fixing the problem it's going to remain. 😐
As of last night I'm now the Debian maintainer for Me TV 😀
The first email that confirmed this was…
me-tv_1.3.0-1_amd64.changes uploaded successfully to localhost
along with the files:
Your Debian queue daemon (running on host franck.debian.org)
Then not long after that I got this…
Dear Scott Evans,
Version 1.3.0-1 of your package 'me-tv' has just
been uploaded to Debian. We assume that a sponsor uploaded the
package for you.
Since your package is sponsored successfully it is no longer
needed here and has been removed from mentors.debian.net.
This mail was sent automatically by mentors.debian.net.
In case you have any questions please just reply to this email.
I must say a big thank you to Julian (aka JAK) for assisting me with some minor issues in the packaging that I hadn't dealt with prior, with his help this has helped me gain the confidence in being fully capable of future updates. This makes updates into Ubuntu much easier! as now all I need to do is a sync request and it will just happen 😉
Ok so it has bee a while since I have mentioned Me TV, but I'm still actively packaging for the project and have recently been asked if I'd like to take over the Debian maintainer roll. I accepted this as it will lead to the possibility of becoming a Debian Developer.
Here are some screen shots to show how the user interface has been reworked…
Notice in the image above that the old tool bar that used to be along the top has now moved to the bottom, and it is only displayed when you move the mouse over the active Me TV session. the tool bar then disappears after a period of 5 seconds leaving you with a larger display area for the content.
So for using Me TV on smaller screens like those of Eee PC's this optimises the limited screen real estate 😉
Get the latest source for Me TV here and there are also PPA's for Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid & Maverick here… or if you happen to be using ubuntu karmic (or higher) you can simply add this repository by pasting the following into the terminal … 'sudo apt-add-repository ppa:me-tv-development/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install me-tv' then you will have the latest available version, as the one currently in the ubuntu repos is quite old and there have been many issues fixed since that release! I've also pushed Me TV 1.3.0 to Debian Mentors this is still awaiting review, but one that has been accepted then version 1.3.0 will be available in Debian Sid/experimental.
Applied patch from Ludwig Nussel to fix compile error on glibmm 2.16.1
Added PES type 0x80 to be a recognised video stream
Fix for FTBFS on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (LP: #503910)
Removed GTK+ 2.16 requirement from UI file
EPG now honours the version number field and updates EPG events
The main differences here are that the dependencies for libgnome* have been removed and now is using libgtk* When you update to this version you will be prompted to either remove or update the SQLite database (Channel/EPG information)
Hmm… it appears I'm a few days late! but anyway on the 1st of January, Me TV 1.1.0 was released, unfortunately this had a few regressions in it! so version 1.1.1 was unofficially released soon after. So the so the source code is up on Launchpad (Me TV) and I have also uploaded to both the stable & my ppa's
Remember, as this is an update… Please do not file bugs againts the project Me TV on Ubuntu! instead use the bug report on launchpad for Me-TV instead. 😉